201 Life Science Center
1201 Rollins Road
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Email: lopezov at missouri.edu
Lab: (573) 884 4799
-Ph D in Sciences: Investigation of the transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of common bean responses to phosphorus-deficiency and manganese toxicity. Center for Genomic Sciences, National University of Mexico (UNAM), Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico (2009).
-BS in Biology: National University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico (2005).
Graduate student: Analysis of transcriptional profile of root and nodules of P-deficient common bean plants. Identification of miRNAs in leaves, roots and nodules of nutrient-stressed common bean plants. Characterization of signaling pathways in common bean.
Undergraduate Student: Analysis of the photosynthetic responses of common bean and alfalfa to heavy metal toxicity.
Current Research Focus
Immunity response of soybean.
1. Graham M-A, Ramírez M, Valdés-López O, Lara M, Tesfaye M, Vance CP, Hernández, G (2006) Identification of candidate phosphorus stress induced genes in Phaseolus vulgaristhrough clustering analysis across several plant species. Functional Plant Biol. 33: 789-797.
2. Hernández G, Ramírez M, Valdés-López O, Tesfaye M, Graham M-A, Czechowski T, Schlereth A, Wanderey M, Erban A, Cheung F, Wu H-C, Lara M, Town Ch, Kopka J, Udvardi M-K. Vance C-P (2007) Phosphorus stress in common bean: Root transcript and metabolic responses. Plant Physiol. 144: 752-767.
3. Valdés-López, O and Hernández, G. (2008) Transcritional regulation and signaling in phosphorus starvation: What about legumes?. JIPB, 50 (10), 1213-1222.
4. Valdés-López O, Arenas-Huertero C, Ramírez M, Girard L, Sánchez F, Vance C.P., Reyes J. L., and Hernández G. (2008) Essential role of MYB transcription factor: PvPHR1 and microRNA: PvmiR399 in phosphorus-deficiency signaling in common bean roots. PCE. 31. 1834-1843.
5. Hernández G, Valdés-López O, Ramírez M, Goffard N, Weiller G, Aparicio-Fabre R, Fuentes SI, Erban A, Kopka J, Udvardi M, Vance CP. 2009. Global Changes in the transcript and metabolic profiles during symbiotic nitrogen fixation in phosphorus-stressed common bean plants. Plant Physiology. DOI:10.1104/pp.109.143842.