Division of Plant Sciences
202 Christopher S. Bond Life Sciences Center
1201 E. Rollins Street
University of Missouri-Columbia
Columbia MO 65211
Lab phone: (573) 884 4799
2010 Ph.D. Seoul National University, Department of Plant Science
2005 B.S. Korea University
November 2012 – March 2014:
Senior Research Scientist
Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences
Seoul National University
March 2010 – October 2012:
Plant Genomics and Breeding Institute
Seoul National University
CURRENT RESEARCH FOCUS
Role of extracellular ATP in plant growth and development
1. Cho SH, Yoo SC,Zhang H, Lim JH and Paek NC. (2014) Rice NARROW LEAF1 gene controls auxin transport genes and root development. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 32:270-281.
2. Kwon CT, Yoo SC, Koo BH, Cho SH, Park JW, Li J, Li Z, Koh HJ and Paek NC. (2014) Natural variation in early flowering1 contributes to early flowering in japonica rice under natural long days. Plant, Cell & Environment 37: 101-112.
3. Yoo SC*, Cho SH* and Paek NC. (2013) Rice WUSCHEL-related homeobox 3A (OsWOX3A) modulates auxin-transport gene expression in lateral root and root hair development. Plant Signaling & Behavior8: 10, e25929. (* equal contribution)
4. Cho SH, Yoo SC, Zhang H,Pandeya D, Hwang JY, Koh HJ, Kim GT and Paek NC. (2013) Therice narrow leaf2 and narrow leaf3 loci encode WUSCHEL-related homeobox 3A (OsWOX3A) and function in leaf, spikelet, tiller and lateral root development. New Phytologist198: 1071-1084.
5. Sakuraba Y, Rahman ML, Cho SH, Kim YS, Koh HJ, Yoo SC, Paek NC. (2013) The rice faded green leaf locus encodes protochlorophyllideoxidoreductase B and is essential for chlorophyll synthesis under high light conditions. The Plant Journal 74: 122-133.
6. Cho SH, Lee JK, Jung KH, Lee YW, Park JC and Paek NC. (2012) Genome-wide analysis of genes induced by Fusariumgraminearum infection in resistant and susceptible wheat cultivars. Journal of Plant Biology 55(1): 64-72.
7. Yoo JH, Park JH, Cho SH, Yoo SC, Li J, Zhang H, Kim KS, Koh HJ and Paek NC. (2011) The Rice bright green leaf (bgl) locus encodes OsRopGEF10, which activates the development of small cuticular papillae on leaf surfaces. Plant Molecular Biology77(6): 631-641.
8. Li J, Pandeya D, Nath K, Zulfugarov IS, Yoo SC, Zhang H, Yoo JH, Cho SH, Koh HJ, Kim DS, Seo HS, Kang BC, Lee CH and Paek NC. (2010) ZEBRA-NECROSIS, a novel thylakoid-bound protein, is critical for photoprotection of developing chloroplasts during early leaf development. The Plant Journal62: 713-725.
9. Yoo SC*, Cho SH*, Sugimoto H, Li J, Kusumi K, Koh HJ, KohIba and Paek NC. (2009) Rice Virescent-3 and Stripe-1encoding the large and small subunits of ribonucleotidereductase are required for chloroplast biogenesis during early leaf development. Plant Physiology 150: 388-401. (* equal contribution)
10. Yoo SC*, Cho SH*, Zhang H, Paik HC, Lee CH, Li J, Yoo JH, Lee BW, Koh HJ, Seo HS and Paek NC. (2007) Identification of quantitative trait loci associated with functional stay-green SNU-SG1 in rice. Molecules and Cells 24: 83-94.(* equal contribution)
11. Yoo JH, Yoo SC, Zhang H, Cho SH and Paek NC. (2007) Identification of QTL for early heading date of H143 in rice. Journal of Crop Science and Biotechnology10(4): 243-248.
12. Zhang H, Li J, Yoo JH, Yoo SC, Cho SH, Koh HJ, Seo HS and Paek NC. (2006) Rice Chlorina-1 and Chlorina-9 encode ChlD and ChlI subunits of Mg-chelatase, a key enzyme for chlorophyll synthesis and chloroplast development. Plant Molecular Biology 62: 325-337.