Tran Hong Nha Nguyen
201 Life Science Center
1201 Rollins Road
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Email: thny8c at mizzou.edu
Lab : (573) 884 4799
Ph.D. Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri 2006 to present.
BS Biotechnology College of Natural Sciences, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU, HCMC) 2005.
2008- current Ph.D. thesis – National Center for Soybean Biotechnology, Division of Plant Sciences, Universsity of Missouri.
2006-2008 Training period – Digital Biology Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, University of Missouri.
2005-2006 Teaching Assistant and Research Scientist – Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh city.
Major task: Developing ELISA kit to detect Salmonella in food product.
2001- 2005 Thesis of honor – Laboratory of Molecular and Environmental Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, VNU, HCMC.
Thesis topic: Cloning and Expression of H antigen coding gene (fliC) of Salmonella Enteritidis in E. coli.
Advisor: Dr. Thuoc Tran Linh, Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, VNU, HCMC.
Current Research Focus
Phosphoproteomic Analysis of Soybean Root Hairs Colonized by Bradyrhizobium japonicum.
1. Nguyen, T.H.N., Brechenmacher, L. , Aldrich, J., Clauss, T., Gritsenko, M., Hixson, K., Libault, M., Tanaka, K., Wang, J., Yao, Q., Paša-Toli?, L., Xu, D., Nguyen, H.T., Stacey, G. (2012) Quantitative Phosphoproteomic Analysis of Soybean Root Hairs in Response to Bradyrhizobium japonicum. Mol. Cell Proteomics, 11: 10.1074/mcp.M112.018028, 1–16.
2. Brechenmacher, L., Nguyen, T.H.N, Hixson, K., Libault, M., Aldrich, J., Pasa-Tolic, L., Stacey, G. (2012) Identification of soybean proteins from a single cell type: the root hair. Proteomics. doi: 10.1002/pmic.201200160. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Wan, J., Tanaka, K., Zhang, X.C., Son, G., Brechenmacher, L., Nguyen, T.H.N., Stacey, G (2012) The LysM Receptor-like Kinase LysM RLK4 (LYK4) is Important for Chitin Signaling and Plant Innate Immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 160(1): 396-406.
4. Lopez, O.V., Thibivilliers, S., Qiu, J., Xu, W.W., Nguyen, T.H.N., Libault, M., Le, M.H., Goldberg, R., Hill, C., Hartman, G., Diers, B., Stacey, G (2011). Identification of quantitative trait loci controlling gene expression during the innate immunity response of soybean. Plant Physiol. 157(4):1975-86.
5. Tanaka, K., Nguyen, T.H.N., and Stacey, G. (2011) Enzymatic role for soybean ecto-apyrase in nodulation. Plant Signal. Behav. 6 (7): 1034-1036.
6. Brechenmacher, L., Lee, J., Sachdev, S., Song, Z., Nguyen, T.H.N., Joshi, T., Oehrle, N., Libault, M., Mooney, B., Xu, D., Cooper, B., and Stacey, G. (2009) Establishment of a protein reference map for soybean root hair cells. Plant Physiol.149: 670-682.
– Nguyen, NT, Nguyen, THN, Dang, TPT, Tran TL (2005). Cloning and expressing of the gene encoding for the H:g,m flagellar antigen of Salmonella Enteritidis in E. coli. Proceedings – National Conference on Basic Biotechnology – Hanoi.
Honor and Awards
1. MCBS TRAVEL AWARD ($750) 07/2010
The 13th Biennial Molecular and Cellular Biology of the Soybean Conference (MCBS), August 8-10, 2010
2. PACIFIC NORTHWEST NATIONAL LABORATORY ALTERNATE SPONSORED FELLOWSHIP (ASF) 05/2009
ASF program at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory – Department of Energy.
3. DPS MINI-TRAVEL GRANT ($750) AND ICNF SCHOLARSHIP FOR REGISTRATION FEE 04/2009
The 16th International Congress on Nitrogen Fixation (ICNF), June 14-19 2009, Big Sky, Montana.
4. OUTSTANDING SCIENTIFIC SEMINAR – DIVISION OF PLANT SCIENCES, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI 10/2008
Plant sciences graduate seminar entitled “Systems biology and its potential application to the study of plant-microbe interactions”.
5. VIETNAM EDUCATION FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP 2006 – 5 YEARS 08/2006
One of 38 fellows selected from more than 1,700 candidates in Vietnam.
Tran Nguyen – Information Update:
After graduation in 2013, Tran had traveled to several places in the US and lived with her family members. At present, she lives with her family in the Bay Area, San Jose, California. Tran’s email is at <email@example.com>.